Code of Conduct for Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and the Alex Theatre St Kilda site.
This Code of Conduct set standards for the behaviour of staff, boards, committee members, user groups, hirers, partnering companies, contractors, students, trainers, performers, and volunteers in the operation of the Alex Theatre and Alex Read Theatre Performance Inc. These reflect the Theatre and Charities mission and goals and spell out practices and procedures to assist it to operate with integrity and transparency and to avoid, or deal with, conflict of interest situations. Actual, or perceived unethical decisions or questionable behaviour results in loss of goodwill, damage to reputations and relationships and unwanted attention from the media, regulators, funding bodies and the wider industry.
We hope our Code of Conduct clearly communicates our expectations and is at the core of our induction and training of all people involved in our community and operations at the Alex Theatre.
If you have any questions relating to areas covered by our Code of Conduct, please contact our General Manager Allan Rendell via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Code of Conduct Policy affirms Our belief in responsible social and ethical behaviour from all members of our community and the operations we are involved with. The Code clarifies the standards of behaviour that We expect of all involved with Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and at the Alex Theatre St Kilda site.
Those involved with the Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and at the Alex Theatre St Kilda site contribute to the success of our organisation and that of our clients and community. We fully endorse the principle that all our community are not deprived of their basic human rights.
Furthermore, everyone involved with Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and at the Alex Theatre St Kilda site have an obligation to our community and their relevant activities to observe high standards of integrity and fair dealing. Unlawful and unethical business practices undermine the trust we have within our community and the wider community we are involved with.
Our Code of Conduct Policy sets standards and practices for Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and applies to everyone at the Alex Theatre St Kilda site, and provides the framework of principles for conducting activities and all interactions between all parties.
The Code does not replace legislation and if any part of it is in conflict, then legislation takes precedence. The Code policy is based on the following principles:
- act and maintain a high standard of integrity and professionalism
- Adherence to the mission and goals of the Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc
- be responsible and scrupulous in the proper use of Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and other businesses associated with the sites information, funds, equipment and facilities
- be considerate and respectful of the environment and others
- exercise fairness, equality, courtesy, consideration, and sensitivity in dealing with others
- avoid an apparent conflict of interests, promptly disclosing to the General Manager of the Alex Theatre, any interest which may constitute a conflict of interest
- promote the interests of Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and the Alex Theatre St Kilda site
- perform duties with skill, honesty, care, conscientiously and with diligence
- abide by policies, procedures, and lawful directions that relate to your involvement with Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and the Alex Theatre St Kilda site
- not engage in unlawful, corrupt or fraudulent behaviour. All workers will refuse all incentives and payments from third parties which may adversely affect judgments, compromise decisions or result in conflicts of interest.
- under no circumstances may employees offer or accept money other than in accordance with the performance of their duties.
We expect co-operation from all involved at Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and the Alex Theatre St Kilda site in conducting themselves in a professional, ethical, and socially acceptable manner of the highest standard.
The Code requires that regulatory requirements are complied with at all times, especially those relating to the handling of confidential personal information. The Code does not replace any regulatory requirement, and if any part of the Code is in conflict, then the relevant regulatory requirement takes precedence.
Behaviour that does not comply with this Code may result in disciplinary action, including immediate termination of involvement in the Alex Theatre site or other actions deemed appropriate by the committee of the Alex Read Theatre Performances Inc and in line with our policies and procedures.